THE NEED TO BE PORTABLE AND RELIABLE
A good training program is critical for the operational effectiveness of departments, but without the right tools for clear communication, loud engines and heavy equipment make instructions difficult to understand.
Portable wireless communication systems offer instructors and students a platform that adapts the same emergency response technology many departments count on into a mobile classroom format.
ADVANTAGES OF PORTABLE WIRELESS SYSTEMS
- Use them anywhere – Taking wireless communication headsets outside the apparatus is possible with a Firecom Portable Wireless System. The same intercom connection, clear audio and hearing protection many departments depend on in the cab is transformed into a 5 or 10-user mobile communications network backed by:
- Tangle-free wireless mobility
- Up to 1,600 feet of range
- 24-hour battery life
- Eliminate missed and misunderstood messages – DECT wireless technology provides superior audio and digital security without interference – speech is clear and understandable without delay.
- Improve focus and concentration – Noise cancelling microphones and passive noise reduction combine to reduce background sound and protect hearing while you train.
- Maintain situational awareness – Listen-Through technology mixes outside sound with voice intercom when you need it. You can hear equipment, approaching traffic and civilian voices without removing the headset and its hearing protection.
- Radio integration – Transmit and receive over a connected portable radio, as you would during fireground communication drills. Virtually all portable radios are compatible with Firecom’s wireless systems.
“Using wireless headsets is huge for us, and it’s changed the way we actually do training.”
– Steve Crothers, Tractor Drawn Aerial
A MOBILE NETWORK
Taking wireless communication headsets outside the apparatus is possible with a Firecom Portable Wireless System.
Find out more how Firecom can help your department’s training program benefit from portable wireless communication systems.